Recipe by: Trina Marie N. Epino
This is not your ordinary pesto pasta dish because it has BACON!
Who doesn’t love bacon? -cured fatty pork meat that is very tasty, and available all year round, why did I mention this? because this is a dish that everyone can make with just using the ingredients they can find in their pantries and most likely their fridge.
I made this pasta dish with dried basil leaves, so basically this is not the traditional pesto that you grind all the sauce ingredients together.
I also used pitted olives for this dish
And finely crushed toasted pine nuts, if you don’t have this don’t worry, simply substitute with almonds or other preferred nuts
A very simple pasta dish that everyone can put up and serve in their homes anytime they want
Porky Pesto Ingredients:
- 1/2 kg Spaghetti
- 1/4 kg sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup dried basil leaves
- 1/3 cup sliced pitted olives
- 1/4 cup finely crushed pine nuts
- 5-7 cloves minced garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp sugar
- Salt & pepper (you may adjust seasonings for desired taste)
- Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta on salted boiling water until “al dente” which is cooked until firm to the bite. Drain pasta.
- While waiting for the pasta to cook, render the bacon in a pan. Set aside the bacon and use the rendered fat for sauteing.
- Add olive oil into the rendered fat and saute garlic, olives, pine nuts, and add in again the bacon, then basil leaves.
- Add sugar and season with salt and pepper
- Toss in the pasta. Serve with parmesan cheese on top.