Recipe by: Micaella S. Lopena
This is just like the cordon bleu. Roulade is a French term which means “to roll”. It is a preparation of boneless chicken breast stuffed with ground chicken and other herbs and spices inside.Easy to prepare at home and for any occasions.
- ground chicken
- minced onions
- minced garlic
- chicken breast
- rosemary fresh
- thyme fresh
- taragon fresh
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
Debone chicken breast using a boning knife and remove the skin. After removing all the bones. Wash the chicken, then butterfly it until thin. Get a cling wrap and put the chicken. Pound it using a mallet or the handle of your knife if you don’t have a mallet at home, until desired thickness.
2. Season the ground chicken with herbs (rosemary, taragon, thyme), add the garlic and onions. Salt and pepper. Cook a little portion to know what it taste like. If it lacks flavor add more salt and pepper.
3. Put the ground chicken on the butterflied chicken breast. Then roll to make a roulade. Twine to make the chicken intact.
4. Cook in a pan and let it brown. You will know it’s cooked when you use a knife to poke it inside and if the point of the knife is hot. It is cooked. You can use a serrated knife to cut it easily.
5. Serve with cherry tomatoes (optional)